Friday, August 20, 2010

new job stuff

Yesterday I got an unexpected phone call in the middle of my shopping trip to BJ's. It was the Human Resources dept. at the hospital where I'm going to begin work next monday! The woman was calling to officially offer me the job!! so even though i knew i had the job it was fun to get that phone call for sure. She also told me about the salary (more than expected!) and that i needed to fill out paperwork and do a drug test. SO I'm going in today to do all those things! so excited about having something to do today, even if it's just running over to my new job to pee in a cup!

In similar news the supervisor that i'm going to have at this job has been in communication with us all that are starting together and advised us to go in an shadow the on-call chaplain for a few hours if possible this week or next. so I'm also going to call and see if they have time for me to shadow today while I'm at the hospital already.

All this means however that my plans of grocery shopping today are out the window until later tonight or tomorrow, oh well!!

Julia

1 comment:

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

Yay! I hope you LOVE your new job and how nice to get more money than you expected!