Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Couple Extras

Here are a few extras that were put in M's box of fabulous gifts!! I wanted to completely give her a bunch of outfits to mix and match with and some fun stuff that she can put on for just those fun days at home!

So first I made a tutu! I have seen Tutus that go for pretty expensive online, and this was my chance to make one that was cheap and hopefully you can then make one (for yourself or a kid near you) They are really fun!

so basically i took some black elastic and made a loop about the size of my niece's waist. I sewed the elastic together with my machine, but you could also hand sew it if you wanted.


Then I took two colors of meshy fabric, tulle, and cute strips that we only about 6 inches across and twice as long as i wanted the skirt of the tutu to be.


Then I took each strip and tied a knot onto the loop of elastic. I alternated each color so that it would be a bit different. the knotting the tulle is the hardest part, and it's pretty easy!


then you just have to spread the knots around the loop of elastic so that the tutu is even.


Other extras that i put in the box were a headband with a bow and some black pants with a ruffle around the bottom. I know you're surprised that i have included more bows and ruffles!!



Hope that you think that these are cute!! go and make a tutu, you could just chill out and wear a tutu!! maybe i'll make one for myself!!

Julia

No comments: