Tuesday, April 6, 2010

tuesday

So i had a crazy day yesterday, between trying to watch DWTS, the NCAA championship game, writing a sermon(while fretting about the preaching of said sermon) and getting back in the swing of things with being back in Durham.

So first off, DWTS (most important to me, sorry if you thought it would be b-ball) I thought everyone did well again last night and was proud of Evan for getting the highest score 'cause he's just such a cutie and so sweet!! it was really interesting keeping up with the scores because basically that was the only change in the line up from last week to this week. I know i'm a dork that keeps up with the scores and then line them up in order before the elimination round, but actually no one moved around from last week. I just finished up the results show, and i'm pretty glad that Buzz went home. I've been saying it for a while so i won't repeat it again, but i was really torn when it got down to Jake and him, because i just hate Jake so much! he's such a doofus!! Well we'll have to see what happens next week. I do want Kate to keep getting better and better, because i think this week was at least a step in the right way.

Next: Basketball!! watching the game last night was nailbiting!! i was so proud of both teams and they both worked so hard. They basically matched each other point for point the whole time and that last shot that didn't go in, my heart was in my throat!! It was crazy around campus today, just tons of Duke shirts on everywhere and everyone was so happy/excited about the whole thing. It was awesome.

Unfortunately i had a sermon to preach today so after the game i stayed up til 3 working on getting it all down and then got up early to finish stuff up this morning. NOT FUN!!! So i wound up preaching from an outline, and it went ok, not fun, and i was still a nervous wreck about it, but i survived. I thought it went pretty bad because i didn't stick to my outline very well and was just flying from the seat of my pants it felt like. The folks that gave me feedback were pretty complementary of the sermon itself and said that it was a lot better than the last one, but i still could have been less nervous and more confident of what i was saying.

So that's the update of my life since we got back from GA! I have 10 more school days left and now only 5 more assignments due before graduation. One of them is due thursday so then i'll have one sermon the last week of class and then just finals. Not too bad if you ask me, definitely hard to stay motivated, but since the countdown is getting lower and lower it's getting easier!

Ok guys/gals! Hope your tuesday was good too, we'll see how Wednesday goes!

Julia

No comments: