Tuesday, April 20, 2010

last tuesday of the year!!

Today i preached a sermon in my class and that was my last regular assignment for this semester (and therefore my entire seminary time) It actually went ok. I worked out an outline the night before and it turned out to be a very detailed outline, that was basically in full sentences. So when it came time to write my manuscript, i just took out the bullets, which worked pretty well in my opinion. I felt more comfortable preaching that way than i ever had before and others said that it was pretty good too. So that went well today.

Also Audie interviewed for a new job at work today. He is up for an assistant manager's position at his current company. That is a two step up change, because there is a level of supervisor that is in between where he is now and the assistant manager job. the other person that is up for the job is already a supervisor and it's come down to just the two of them. SO either Audie will get the job or if the other guy gets the job then Audie will be able to take over the available supervisor's position. That helps things so much because there will be a good result either way. We should hear by Thursday so we'll just have to see what will happen.

SO i've been working on homework the last few nights and now i just have 3 take home finals between me and graduation. that's a good feeling to have for sure. I'm hoping to finish two of those finals pretty quickly next week so that i can work on the last one early. But all of that will be finished with a wonderful Cinco de Mayo celebration with all my friends because we'll be all finished with school!!

Last night i was working so intently on my sermon that i did not watch DWTS, so sorry that you don't get my comments about it until later, but i'll probably watch both last nights and tonight's show after dinner tonight. I hope that i can enjoy my wednesday and Thursday and then work on my finals starting up on Friday, we'll see if that plan works out well or not because i have to babysit on friday afternoon. But i hope to knock these things out and still have time in between to rest and relax and not have a stressful time of finals week.

ok ladies and gents, hope you are having as wonderful tuesday as i am!!

Julia

No comments: