Tuesday, March 30, 2010

wow what a long day!

so last night's dancing with the star's was not all i had hoped for. Poor Kate and her sad dance! she was so frustrated with her inability to do it really well. I can totally empathize, it's so hard to be bad at something and know it, but still have to do it (especially in front of other people). That's how i feel about preaching! She needs to be more in character and try to lose the nerves. Nicole's dance was shockingly great and the judges thought so too!! i thought that Buzz still needed to go home! While i'm on the subject, can i say that i DO NOT like the new lady cohost Brooke Burke. I know she used to be on the show, but Natalie from last season was a lot better live, Brooke is all kind of scripted sounding, not good! I'm watching the results show already so we'll see what happens!

so today was a pretty long day of class, not too fun, but i'm so excited to get to have an extra day off this week that i can't wait to be done tomorrow. But today was the majority of my school week, so with it behind me i'm glad! i have my one class tomorrow but that won't be too bad and then i'm done! We're also having leftovers tomorrow night to clean out the fridge since we'll be on our trip this weekend.

IN other news: i ordered plane tickets for a trip that i'm going on this summer! I'm going to work a spiritual retreat back home and my sisters are working too! i found a great deal for plane tickets for the Wednesday before the weekend and then for the wednesday after it's over, so i'll get to see my family some in the midst of my visit too.

So now my thoughts on the results show: Buzz still should have gone home! I'm glad that people care for him and want him to be there, but really he's not a dancer and he could hurt himself pretty badly! I wasn't really shocked that Pamela was in the bottom two because i think people who watch Dancing with the Stars aren't exactly her fans. I think she just danced too sexy. The Ten/Len Commandments were not really funny, but cute. The Beach Boys performance was pretty good, but i knew that John Stamos was an original part of the group, and not just a special guest! Also i'm always pretty bored through the whole results show because i just want to know who is going home, and all the other stuff can just be left out half the time. But the Haiti dancer tribute was SO sweet and sad!! I was sad to see Shannon go, and of course i was glad that Kate got a second chance. I thought that Shannon did pretty good, she was so sweet with the relationship with her dad! i would have rather seen Pamela go, but we'll see what happens next week!!

ok folks, hope all is well with you and that you are as excited about Easter as I am!!

Julia

1 comment:

Danielle said...

know anyone who is looking for a place to rent in durham? the other side of our house is up for rent. i dont have your e-mail... so e-mail me if you know anyone or want more info! or even if you have suggestions... i dont mind sending an email to whomever! :) d (rdmsnider@gmail.com)