Friday, January 1, 2010

first day of the new year!

Hello 2010! I'm glad to see this year come because in May I ill be graduating from Div. School and hopefully for the last time! It's a milestone I've been waiting for since my first day here, ready to move into the work force and 'begin' my 'real' life.

I'm hoping that this year I will begin a job as a full time chaplain resident at a local hospital (hopefully at my first choice one!!) We're also putting on hold some things this year, like my ordination, our moving back to GA, and our starting a family. That last one is really not that big a deal I just know that if we lived in GA next year we would definitely be trying to start a family. Now it seems like it's going to be a long time until those things happen, when in actuality it's just one more year. I just hate feeling like my life is on hold. But this year is going to be pretty awesome too! for the first time ever I will be out of school!

Though the internships that i'll be doing will require a good amount of reading, writing and 'class' with my fellow interns. it will be like easing into the shallow end of the real world instead of jumping off the diving board, but i'm ok with that!

Well our new year is off to a good start, Audie got off work early today because things were so slow, so we spent the afternoon cleaning up around here. We have two friends coming over for a dinner and a movie/game night. It should be awesome for sure, though i wish other friends were able to come, though they are all either out of town or they didn't want to drive to NC for a dinner party (not that i can blame them!)

Ok that's all for now! Enjoy the new year and the new decade.

Julia

1 comment:

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

Hi Julia! How nice of you to find me. Thanks for letting me know you had a blog, too, and I will be keeping in touch better now!