Monday, January 18, 2010

weekend update!

So i know i'm falling into my old patterns of not blogging frequently! i'm really sorry guys, but i was trying to get a jump on some homework for the coming week. I want to utilize my free fridays by reading for the coming week, before i get drawn into enjoying my weekend. But there was a wrench in that plan because Audie was off of work on Friday.

SO friday we did a TON of errands, we went to Target, the thrift store, WalMart, SAM's, the grocery store. It was so nice to fill our cabinets with food. We haven't gone grocery shopping in the last two weeks and we were scrapping the bottom of the barrel of our cabinets! That night we made reservations at a really nice hibachi place near our house. A friend of Audie's at work recommended it because it was good and fairly cheap. They had a early dinner special, so we ate at 6:00 and both got chicken, steak, shrimp, rice, veggies, soup and salad for $40 total, after drinks and tip. that's a good deal in my book!

Saturday i made up my friday off of homework by doing some reading. I got a good amount done because Audie was at work and out of my hair. At around 4 a friend of ours called. He and his wife wanted to go see a movie. We went to Carolina Ale House, a great sports bar. I had a great burger and fries, so yummy. We then went and split off to see different movies. The girls went and saw Leap Year, which was good, but i didn't love it. it was a pretty typical romantic comedy. I would say netflick, redbox, or rent it rather than going to see it in the theater. The boys went and saw Book Of Eli. Which they both loved! i think it was a good story line and had some unexpected things that kept you on your toes. It was not my kind of movie, so i won't be seeing it.

Sunday we had a lacy and quiet day, i read more on my homework and napped a bit. Audie was excited for the beginning of 24. again that show is not my cup of tea, so i spent my time continuing to read. I was reading a book for one of my classes that was so good i stayed up late to finish it. It was a novel called Jesus Land. It was pretty graphic and had some disturbing themes in it. i had a nightmare after staying up to read it, but it was still a good book, one of the best assignments yet.

Today i had my third job interview for chaplain jobs. This interview i think went well, and i wasn't surprised by too much. I did my internship last semester at this hospital, so i knew the people that were interviewing me and knew where i was going so i was a lot more calm and collected during the interview i think. But it was not really a surprising interview, because i knew what to expect. i didn't have to go on the tour and knew that the residency would just be very similar to my internship. I'm still just hoping for a good result in Feb. when they call and let me know what the results of these interviews are!

Ok this has been a really long post, but i needed to catch up! So tomorrow you can get my thoughts on the Bachelor, i'm just starting to watch it, so excited!!

Julia

2 comments:

Amber said...

1. You should have gone to see the Book of Eli. I think you could have used it as an example in class or something. It was actually interesting.

2. If you do have to watch 24 with Audie this season rejoice in knowing the Freddie Prinze Jr. is on this season and he is just as cute as he was when we were teenagers.

3. I hope you get the job you want.

4. I miss you and we should talk soon.

5. I love you!

Julia said...

1. Audie and Danny told me the entire plotline, yes i think it will make a good sermon illustration someday!

2. I saw Freddie, he was looking nice, still not enough for me to watch one more television show

3. me too!

4. Me too!

5. I love you too!!