Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DONE!!!!!

It's finished! the dang exam i have been working on since Sunday morning (off and on with a study break after each paragraph) is DONE and that means that all the course work necessary for my Masters of Divinity is DONE!! And i finished before bed, which means i can enjoy my Cinco de Mayo plans with gusto!!

SO now pending all my grades coming back on Monday or so as C's or better (not really in danger of this, but i guess it's a possibility) i'll graduate! Which i'm really hoping happens because in a week and a 1/2 i'm having my whole family come up to watch be walk across a stage and damn it i better get a degree after the intense hard work i've put in the last three years!!

So for my graduation present - i don't ask much - but i want everyone who reads this blog to comment on this post! Come On i would love to know who has been following me (if any) through this journey! Maybe share what the biggest accomplishment of your life so far has been, because this takes the cake in my life (at least for now!)

But don't worry i'm not stopping blogging just because school is over, i still have plenty of material - like DWTS updates, moving to my new apartment and the hunt for new furniture that doesn't break the bank, starting my new job, ordination papers and going before the BOOM, all kinds of stressful fun awaits you readers!!

LOVE to you all! I'd like to thank all my friends and families for sure, your prayers and support in other ways have been so great throughout the last 3 years!!

Julia

7 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so proud of you! Fast forward three years and I'll be writing the same post as you are now. I love you lady!

P.S. If you get any furniture from IKEA, make sure someone very handy puts it together. Our house looks like the amputation ward for bedroom furniture right now.

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

Congratulations! So glad you got everything done!!! What furniture pieces do you need?

Julia said...

abbey - right now the only thing we're looking for is a buffet/dresser to use for storage in the living room, and to fill some space behind our couch! We're going to some thrift stores this afternoon while running errands so we'll see what we can find.

Amber- are you not happy with your ikea furniture, 'cause we were considering getting something from there.

dani mac-snider said...

biggest accomplishment: getting into the school you are graduating from!!

CONGRATTSSSSS!!! WOOO!! :)

...the habitat hand me up store here is my hero! we have gotten some AMAZING PIECES THERE!! :)

jlindsey said...

YEAH for you!!

Amber said...

Yeah, I'm not happy with my Ikea stuff. It's probably mostly due to errors in putting it together though. But a piece of our bed broke (ok, that actually is the bed's fault cause we couldn't have done that) so now our mattresses are on the floor in the frame (it's weird). One of our dresses (tall chest) has a drawer missing (because it broke) and a drawer that "works" but the front piece fell off. So you can put things in it, but you can also see all the things you put in that drawer. 1 dresser is still in good condition and the loveseat we got from Ikea also broke. So, yeah, I probably won't get furniture from there again, we've found it to be kind of flimsy. But I'll definitely get other stuff from Ikea cause it's cute!

Amber said...

P.S. I'm with Dani Mac - check Habitat for Humanity Restore in your area. You can get some good finds there!