Friday, February 12, 2010

yep his gift rocked!

The chicken turned out really great everyone! what i did was basically pound chicken breast until they were pretty thin. Ok and can i say that they make this task look really easy on the food network, but it was a little harder than it looked. it wasn't too bad though, but i was glad i only had to do two. I then layered the swiss cheese and ham in the center and rolled the chicken up. I dipped them in flour and then egg and then italian bread crumbs (i think regular would have been better, the italian herbs didn't really hit the flavors right) and then i kind of tucked in the ends and baked them for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. They turned out so yummy!! they will probably be a part of our regular menu from now on, or something we make for special occasions.

Audie totally outdid me on the gifts by the way!! i got this:



I KNOW! i have the best husband ever! I had hinted that i would like this ring as either a valentine's/birthday/graduation/ or save it and get it for me as a push present even, because i loved this ring!! AND i got it today!! I'm so excited! it looks beautiful in person too!

Audie also revealed to me where we're going on a romantic weekend! in two weeks we're going to Asheville to tour the Biltmore!! I'm so pumped about that too. I'm not sure if i mentioned this trip or not, but Audie has been planning this trip in secret. I knew that we were going somewhere and when, but i didn't know where we were going. I really have been wanting to go to the biltmore for a long time, even before i moved to NC, but have never been. I'm so excited! and i don't have to plan anything for this weekend. the only condition for Audie planning everything was that i'm not allowed to bring one book on the weekend and not allowed to bring any homework with us. I'm so excited to have a weekend to spend to my husband and get to see such an awesome landmark. If any of you have ever been to Asheville, any suggestions about what to do while we're there. We have tickets for the house tour for sure, but anything else that is there that we should make sure to do?


Ok now i'm going to quit blogging and go back to watching the opening ceremonies!! loving the olympics so far!!!

-julia

2 comments:

danielle snider said...

ok... what weekend? bc me and ryan are going march 11-13... how crazy.

Julia said...

the 26-28th, aw i wish we were going the same weekend, but when we get back i can give you some tips!