Sunday, February 14, 2010

weekend activities

So this weekend was pretty calm and quiet. We slept in and then went grocery shopping (our typical weekend activity) and then settled in to watch the olympics and for me to do some homework! I have a paper due on Thursday, so I'm trying to get my stuff down so i can settle in Tuesday night and get a good start on it. I also have to anticipate that i have two big papers due next week, so as soon as i'm done with this week's stuff i'll be getting right on next week! It never ends! Audie went out to do some shopping for some technology for our house, and when he got back he got the mail for us. In the mail there was a letter from one of the hospitals that i applied for a job at for next year. It was an acceptance letter offering me the job!! I was totally shocked, because we weren't supposed to hear back until Tuesday! So i'm really excited that i have a job for next year, but still waiting to get an official phone call on tuesday before we go out to dinner to celebrate! Also there is still the possibility that i get other offers. The hospital that sent me the letter is who i want to choose over any other offers, so that takes a lot of pressure of the waiting for Tuesday.

Today, we did more olympic watching (i'm official obsessed, and DVR helps me to catch all the coverage!) and more homework, including blogging for my class, which i'm taking a break from to write this.

I hope all you had a great weekend and enjoy your week!

Julia

1 comment:

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy to hear you got a GREAT NEWS letter back from one of the hospitals! We are enjoying the Olympics, too (although last night we watched Amazing Race - CEO - Cold Case instead of the Olympics).