Saturday, February 20, 2010

one productive day!

I have gotten so much done today ladies! (ok i'm going to put this out there, i don't think any guys read my blog. my own husband doesn't read so i'm thinking there aren't any boys who read out there. Actually i'm not sure that more than like three folks read my blog, so if you are reading, out yourself and comment)

So Audie needed to get the oil changed in the new car, and i gave him a list of stuff we needed at the store, so i got my errands done without even leaving the house, or my pajamas! We're having some friends over tonight to celebrate my new job news (also my friend Meridith applied for the same jobs i did, and got herself a job too! though she still hasn't decided between the two offers she got, she knows she'll take one of them!) so today i had to finish up some homework, clean up around here, and cook some yummy fingery foods for our party! So i'm already done with the majority of the homework, and cleaning, so now i just have to cook stuff. Nothing too hard, just chicken wing dip (recipe below) pigs in a blanket, sausage balls, and some pizza rolls ( i love them things!) It's kind of a BYO food and drink party, so i'm also serving pink lemonade spritzers ( equal parts pink lemonade and sprite, with a shot of citrus vodka in them if you want- such a yummy girly drink!)

So i'm just happy we got a ton of stuff done today, which is good because i have to get more homework done if we're going to have a homework free weekend at the biltmore.

Ok here's the recipe, i got it from lynsAU over at fluffy, fashionable and famous a while ago, and i love it! it's really easy, and i don't make it in the oven for parties, i like it in the crockpot!

Chicken Wing Dip


2 large cans of chicken
2 packages of cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup hot wing sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

•Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x13 Pyrex with cooking spray
•Melt the butter in a small pan over the stove. Drain the chicken and stir with melted butter.
•In another pan melt the cream cheese until it is creamy. Stir in the ranch dressing, and wing sauce.
•Mix chicken in the cream cheese mixture and pour into the 9x13 Pyrex.
•Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, and bake for 30 minutes.
•Alternative directions: After the third step, mix the remaining ingredients, including cheese and pour into a crock pot and heat on low for 2-4 hours.

I also usually cut the recipe in half because there are a ton of leftovers if you don't, especially when there are pigs in a blanket and pizza rolls around too!

bye folks, hope you have a productive saturday!

Julia

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm outing myself. Only in the blog reading sense, not the homosexual sense.

Julia said...

thanks girl, it's nice to know that SOMEONE is reading! i lurve you!

Elissa said...

I read your blog too, I always read the blogs usually a day late though, lol. I need to do better about blogging myself though!