Thursday, July 29, 2010

Productive day!

So I had an incredibly productive day today!! I got up and went to run some errands. I found a GCF (or Goodwill) the other day when I went to the post office that was near our house so i wanted to check it out for some supplies for my next project. I am still working on my t-shirt quilt, and it's not too bad, but a friend of mine is having a baby soon so I wanted to make them something too. I had planned to make a mini blanket out of t-shirt scraps but the knit/t-shirt material is kind of hard to work with, so i was sort of discouraged about that idea.

BUT then I remembered THIS post that Ashley at Make it and Love it did. It is about making a bow tie from an old neck tie. So at goodwill today I found a boys tie (with a velcro closure) and two ties that actually looked pretty cute. I got some velcro and used some thread i already had to make these awesome bow ties for my friend's husband (something he's always talking about) and one for their new son!!



I think that they turned out really cute!! What do you think?? But that wasn't all that i did today, I also cleaned our house a bit for the guests we have coming for dinner and also for the weekend. The cable guy came by and fixed our internet/cable. I ran some other errands while out this morning and still managed to have some 'me time' in the form of a nap and some DVR'd tv.

It was a good day so far and james and sarah are still coming for dinner tonight so there's still that to look forward to!!

Julia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK You are going to get the label "my project child" - These are cute especially since the dad likes bow ties!!