Saturday, July 2, 2011

Big day yesterday

So yesterday was an uber productive but lazy day, i love those!! I mean what is better than getting stuff done, but also not spending all day doing it. I got up yesterday and worked on all the information that I had gotten the day before at work. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the information and I had pages and pages of scatterbrained notes. Not to knock the lady that trained me, but our brains just don't work on the same wavelength in organizational ways. So I took a lot of notes and paid close attention but it was pretty overwhelming to sit there and just get a crash course in the Children's Ministry in one day.

SO yesterday I took the three page long 'job description' which was really a long bulleted list of stuff that you do on a regular basis and I reorganized it so that it made more sense to my brain. I put headings and subheadings, made sure that the bullets matched (very important to me) and shifted things around to make sure that it was in some sense of order. I then went in and added the information I needed to from my notes and rememberings from the day before. It was good to get all that on paper while I was thinking about it.

Next I made a list of all the places that I still need volunteers for. There are still some slots open for Sunday School teachers and volunteer positions for so many other things. My plan was to have small job descriptions on what that person would need to do and the time commitment so that when I'm introduced to people on Sunday and they say, "Let me know if I can help!" I can say, "Wonderful, thanks so much for volunteering, what can I put you down for as a possibility right now!" Hopefully we'll fill those slots right up!

I also made myself a weekly and monthly to-do list. I'm hoping that this will keep me on-track to finish stuff up and get going on stuff. Basically I typed up all the stuff that I have to do every week/month and each week/month I will print it out and add to it what I need to do that week/month as well. Then as I do things I get the reward of crossing it off the list!! I love doing that.

Also done yesterday: Laundry and grocery shopping with my cousin. We went to Trader Joe's, my first time. I'm really excited to go back though! Then we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening hanging out with the cousin's two daughters one of whom is home for the fourth.

OK that was the longest post ever! sorry for the boring details, but i was really productive yesterday as you can see!

Julia

No comments: