Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm running out of ways to say I've been doing nothing!

i tried to title this blog several ways, but all of them I have used before, that's not a good sign! My life is probably pretty boring i guess, but for those few who care to read what we've been up to I'll let you know!

I've officially finished unpacking! I got all the pictures on the wall, which was really the last thing that i had left to do. Audie still has to get the office all settled, but hopefully tomorrow I'll have some photos for you!! Mostly he just has to put stuff in the closet so that it's not in the middle of the floor anymore!

I heard back from the manager from our old apartment. He looked over the photos from our place and the other information and decided that the charges were a bit excessive. While he's not giving it all back to us, he is sending us 60 dollars back! Which is good enough in my book. He was willing to see it from our perspective of how ridiculous it was to charge us 150 dollars to clean the apartments. I told him he needed to tell the folks of our old apartment to do the same.

We're still gearing up to go to the beach this weekend. We went to the store to get a few things, and wound up coming home with a ton of stuff!! isn't that how it always works??

today the exterminator came and i went and tried out the workout room of our new complex. pretty nice in my opinion. i'm hoping to get in the habit of using it for stress relief in once i start work.

In other news I'm loving my kindle!! I got it for graduation if you remember, and i got a cover and book light this week so i can read after audie goes to bed. I downloaded two anthologies of the classics, so i have 100 classic books to read! I started with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and it was pretty good! I have never read it or seen the movie so i had no idea what to expect and it caught my attention and made me want to keep sitting down to it. there are some moments that were a bit boring, but it was nice to read a book that is such a classic and now i can say that I enjoyed it too! yesterday I started The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, it is also really good!! each chapter is a separate story of an adventure which makes it easy to sit down and read an adventure and then come back for another one. I'm almost done with it already! I'm not sure what is next but I'll keep you updated. But i really love reading on the kindle itself, it doesn't have a back light so it doesn't strain your eyes and it is really easy to use and you can download books in seconds! I love to read, and this makes it really easy to have a ton of books at your fingertips no matter where you are! I'm really excited to try it out at the beach to see if you can use it outside easily as well.

Ok there's the update, not much going on around here, except how very not busy we have been.

-Julia

No comments: