Monday, June 28, 2010

First project down!!

So something that has been bugging me for a while has been my curtains, and when i started thinking of things that i could do with my new sewing skills they immediately!! So in our living room we have long brown silk curtains and when we moved to our new place we added a valance to the top on a second curtain rod to add length to the top so they would cover the vertical blinds on our door to the back that we never use (and don't really want to) See Picture:



well of course there wasn't a kind of curtains at target that would reach the whole way across, so we bought 3 panels for the long curtains and the valence and hoped that the extra fullness would hide the split in between. Well usually it did, but occasionally the crack would show, which is my pet peeve!!! and since my machine was already loaded with brown thread from my lessons (we used contrasting thread so i could figure it out) I decided to just sew the panels together so that they would blend a lot better! though I did have some issues with my machine, a quick google search for 'sewing machine troubleshooting' helped out a LOT!!

Ashley over at Make it, Love it would be proud of my first real project, though she would have made them from scratch, and I didn't do so well at taking photos of every step like she does!! I'm going to try to be better next time!

I have to go and get to the grocery store (forgot something yesterday!! I hate when i do that!!) so I can make dinner for Amber and Derek when they get here tonight for their visit!!

Julia

1 comment:

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you found MIALI, her sight is amazing! I don't do any sewing myself (unless I can do it with a needle and thread in my hand) but I imagine myself someday sewing things on an actual machine. Make sure you show us more of your projects!!!