Saturday, June 26, 2010

Great week at the beach!

We had such a good time at the beach, I couldn't post at all!! We stayed at an awesome house/ set of houses on Saint Simon's Island. Our family has 17 people in it, so we're all about trying to find a place to house us all. These two houses were right next to each other and there was a pool! Audie and I are not big fans of the beach, because of all the sand and waves and stuff, but i love a pool!!

While there we also spent an afternoon at Epworth by the Sea and brushed up on our Methodist history. we shopped some, ate a lot of good food, and enjoyed hanging out with our family. We got to see some good friends a few times too! Also while we were there my mom gave me sewing lessons. I can now make a drawstring bag!! I know big accomplishment right? Well basically what happened was that I inherited a sewing machine from my grandma, and I knew how to sew straight lines ( as in I have done it before, and know how to push the foot peddle. But my mom had to teach me how to thread the machine, wind the bobbin, and she gave me some good pointers on some things, like how ironing helps a ton!!! I have a few projects that i want to do now, especially a t-shirt quilt, so if you have any pointers or ideas, let me know!!

after we drove back today we ate mexican food and are now catching up on some Dvr'd shows from this past week!

Ok i hope you have had a great week too, I'm really excited about seeing our good friends, amber and derek this week (twice!!) they are coming to stay with us on their way to and from DC to look at apartments!

julia

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey that's me! Yay! Can't wait to see you.