Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Today

So I know that I said this blog was so that ya'll could keep up with our lives, but basically right now our lives are pretty boring! Sorry!

I just finished up an amazing ten weeks at an internship that I worked all summer so I'm not doing much these days. With Audie being unemployed he spends most of the day on the computer looking for new job postings, new websites with information for him and what not. I spent most of the day doing nothing when I should have been productive.

One thing that did get accomplished today was I called maintenance from our apartment complex to fix several small things that needed to be done before school gets back in and I am so busy that i won't even remember to call them. There were four things on my list:

1. install a peep hole- the apartment complex has apparently ordered a ton to install and we are now on the list to receive one. -sad day!

2. put new weather stripping on the back door- he did that pomptly, but now our door doesn't close easily anymore- headache!

3. fix the running toilet- he installed new 'guts' inside the tank- but after he left it started to run immediately again- more headaches!!

4 fix the light switch in the bathroom- he looked at it and told me that the only thing he could do was put in a new switch, but that may not fix it. I asked if he would try it anyway. two hours and four other maintenance men later.... the switch was broken, then fixed then broken again, and now it is finally fixed for real (though maybe they are just telling me that so I'll stop calling them to come do stuff) - that's a good thing at least for now!

Well the most important thing going on right now is that in one week I will be back in GA for 12 days!! My best friend (well one of them) Amber is getting married and being a great Matron of Honor I am going down to celebrate, and help do all the last minute wedding errands and projects. This also coincides with my younger sister, Hannah, moving to college, so I get to help tote all her things up to her new dorm room too!! Also Audie's sister Leah and brother-in-law just found out they are expecting a baby and they are going for their first ultrasound while I am down there. I'm really excited about being an aunt!!

I'm flying down all by myself, but then Audie is coming in just for the rehearsal dinner and wedding and then we will go back together! But we'll both get to see our respective families for a good while which is going to be awesome!! We haven't been to GA since Christmas so it is long awaited journey to the homeland!! More on all this later after the fact, and possibly pictures!

-Julia

No comments: