Thursday, June 9, 2011

Moving Woes

So I'm still reeling from the excitement of my new job offer. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to live in my new town. I have to find either a place to sublet or someone to let me stay with them for two months while I work at the church and Audie continues to live in Raleigh. Trying to figure this out has led to quite a few headaches looking at our finances and how little we can spend on this sublet or place. I'll be getting a housing allowance at my new job, but it still won't be enough to pay for two places.

I have figured out that my in-laws would let me live with them for those two months, however they live an hour away from the church, long commute much?? It would be fine to live with them, but a horrible drive. Added pressure to this whole issue is the fact that I need to give two weeks notice to my old job at the hospital, but I'm not sure when I'll start my new job. So i'm working on trying to figure out when I'm going to start and then work on housing during my two weeks. We'll see as the new job wants me to start the first part of july, meaning i have to give my two weeks notice in the next week or so, but am hesitant to give my two weeks notice without having a place to live in Athens.

Added to all of this, I'm off of my job for a whole week the week of the 20th for a pre-planned vacation! Meaning I might wind up not actually working my full two weeks, which means i'm working hard not to be sad that i'm leaving a job that i've had mixed feelings about this whole time.

ok just needed to talk that out a little, and hopefully get some ideas about housing, if you know of anything let me know!!!

Julia

No comments: