Monday, December 15, 2008

another update

So the semester is finally over. Actually it has been officially over since i took my last final Thursday morning. But today grades came out and were posted online. I was definitely holding my breath on a few of them, but they turned out pretty good. All B's. two regular B's and two B +'s. that's not too bad. I worked hard for all of them and now the fruits of my labor have paid off. My GPA even rose a few hundreds of a point. Not bad if I say so myself.

SO besides waiting patiently for grades things have been groovy, nothing stressful happening, mostly sleeping and shopping for Christmas. I am almost officially done with that as well. A small gift to mail to my dad and stepmom is the last thing on my list. Audie's family is drawing names this year, and so is mine, so we wound up having to buy for only four people, plus each other. Not too bad. I got some great things for Audie and i hope to get some awesome things as well.

Not that we need anything really this year, but it's nice to express how much these people mean to me by getting them a nice gift and then wrapping it all up nicely! Did i mention that i actually like wrapping gifts? I do! When i was little (like 12 or so) i started wrapping all the Christmas gifts for my grandma, and the last several years i did all my mom's wrapping as well. I love every minute of it. I love measuring out the paper, making the pattern fit so you can't see the seams, making the tape disappear, putting a nice ribbon and tag on it, etc. I read an article in a magazine once about a lady who did that for a living, wrapped people's gifts for them. i could do it in a heartbeat!

I guess I'll put that on the list of careers i could have had (if God hadn't called me to this ministry thing) Present Wrapper, Wedding Planner, Construction General Contractor, Nanny, Personal Chef - the list is pretty long. Anyway. these are the kind of things you get to think about when you have nothing else to do (no schoolwork) and I have plenty of time on my hands!

Happy Holy-days everyone!

Julia

No comments: