Monday, January 10, 2011

new contacts and glasses!

So about two weeks ago i went to the eye doctor for the first time in a long time! i wear contacts 99% of the time and NEVER wear my glasses (which are from about 3 or 4 prescriptions ago anyway) even though i like the way they look a lot. So when i went to the dr. I ordered 110 bucks worth of contacts (ouch!!) on top of the cost of the visit which was like 69 dollars. So i decided not to get glasses because they would add to my cost as well as never get used.

WELL that was before i found out about Zenni Optical. It's an online store with really cheap glasses. you just get your prescription from your dr. and then find some frames you like online and plug in your prescription when you check out. My grand total for normal glasses, though they have all kinds, was only 20 dollars!!! so exciting!!! I'm hoping that i like them a lot, but if i don't it's only 20 dollars down the drain, not too bad. Maybe I'll like them enough to wear my glasses at least sometimes. we'll see.

just passing along my deal finding skills, and a special thanks to Clark Howard for the tip, he's the real expert!!

Julia

No comments: